Skip to Main Content

Concealed Carry Information

Concealed Carry applications can be submitted at Mayes County Sheriff's Office:


           Monday-Friday 8am-3pm


Only the applicant can submit the application so that they can sign the application in front of a Sheriff’s Office employee.


Sheriff’s Office charges $25 for fingerprints payable by money order or cashier’s check ONLY.


Required paperwork to submit the application:

  • Completed Application
  • SDA class certificate (original) cannot be older than 3 years  
  • 2 Passport photos
  • OSBI payment (money order or cashier’s check)
    • $100.00 for 5 years
    • $200.00 for 10 years
  • 2 sets of fingerprints made at Mayes County Jail
    • If your first set is rejected, only then can you go to another agency for fingerprints.

Completed packets will be sent to OSBI by the Sheriff’s Office. OSBI will determine if an application is approved or denied. The Sheriff’s Office is not notified about the status of the application nor does the Sheriff’s Office have any influence if the application is approved.


OSBI will correspond directly with the applicant through the mail if there is an issue. Once the application is approved, the license will be mail to the applicant.  




Renewal applications do not have to be processed through the Sheriff’s Office




Fingerprints are processed Monday-Friday 7am-12: 30 pm and from 3 pm to 7 pm at the Mayes County Jail. Fingerprinting is subject to cancellation or postponement at any time due to staffing or technical problems without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


Fingerprints required for nurses, foster care, adoption, education or real estate, etc do not have a fee.


Fingerprint fee for Concealed Carry applications will only be charged one time no matter how many times we have to print you if yours gets rejected by OSBI.


The Mayes County Sheriff's Office will not help anyone to obtain an out-of-state concealed carry license which includes fingerprinting services.  Our agency will not help anyone to circumvent the laws of the State of Oklahoma.


Please call MCSO before you complete any online out of state course for more information.